Oregon Bible Institute is unaccredited and was established in May 2014. Oregon Bible is a non-profit, non-denominational institution which offers one- and two-year in-depth Bible education courses for those wishing to expand their Bible proficiency, to enrich their personal lives and to acquire knowledge for ministry and leadership. Men and women are provided with an opportunity to begin or advance their Bible education at a price they can afford. The classes are academically challenging and faithful to the teaching of the Bible and the Church. Oregon Bible Institute awards one- and two-year certificates upon successful completion of the course requirements.
The Oregon Bible Institute originally met on site of a motel in Roseburg, Oregon. It operates on a 5-, 6- or 7-week Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer academic calendar. Oregon Bible presently offers 7-week courses in Bibliology, Old Testament Survey, New Testament Survey, Theology I & II and Hermeneutics. In January 2015, Oregon Bible Institute will hold classes at the Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge in Sutherlin, Oregon.
Oregon Bible Institute provides an alternative college experience for men and women who may not desire attending a college or university. The instruction is more in-depth and academic than what one normally receives in a church setting but not as demanding as an accredited college course. The goal of Oregon Bible is to be an institution of learning that teaches the Bible and helps people develop and increase in the knowledge of the Bible, God and man, history, theology and the church. Our desire is to serve the local church by providing stimulating and challenging biblical education at a very affordable cost. To be an institution that emphasizes biblical education and application for men and women.
Dr. Ortwig has taught and developed curriculum for fifteen years. He has worked in traditional and adult accelerated formats including on-line education. He has taught at Trinity International University, Elmhurst College, and North Park University. He has taught the Bible, Theology, Ethics, Church History, and Western Civilization. Daniel is Director of Oregon Bible Institute and is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society. He is a deacon at Lookingglass Community Church, and also aids in preaching at Grace Community Baptist Church in Sutherlin.
Dr. Ortwig and his wife, Crystal, reside in Elkton, Oregon.
The purpose of Oregon Bible Institute is to offer in-depth Bible education courses for those wishing to expand their Bible proficiency, to enrich their personal lives, or to acquire knowledge for ministry and/or leadership. Nontraditional students are provided with opportunities to begin or advance their Bible education at a pace and a price they can afford. The seven week, non-credit education classes will be academically challenging and faithful to the teaching of the Bible and the Church.
1. The Bible is the inspired authoritative Word of God.
2. There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is the second person of the trinity, fully human and fully divine, born of the Virgin, suffered under Pontius Pilate offering Himself the substitutionary and atoning death on the cross, He physically rose from the dead, ascended into Heaven to the right hand of God the Father. He will return one day in power and glory to judge the living and dead.
4. Man, originally created good, is a sinful creature, born with a sinful nature and at enmity with God. Only through the regeneration by the Holy Spirit, repentance of sins, and acceptance of the free gift of salvation can he be reconciled to God.
5. The Holy Spirit is essential in giving life to the spiritually dead man and enabling him to live a life pleasing to God.
6. All mankind will one day stand before God and give an account of their lives. Those united with God through the work of Christ will ultimately spend eternity with Him. Those who reject God's free gift of salvation will be judged according to their deeds and suffer damnation separated from God.
7. The community of Believers share a spiritual unity with one another and God through Jesus Christ. The Believers bear the responsibility to help each other grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ and bear witness to their community.
© 2016 Oregon Bible Institute